Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 2nd, 2016 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default Brits want out of Eurovision, "shock" poll finds.

Quote:
Polling has been very close for the European Referendum, and it's unclear as of yet whether Brexit will happen.

However, a new YouGov poll has found there is a Brexit we do yearn for.

Britons want to leave the Eurovision Song Contest by an overwhelming 20-point margin.

British viewing of the 2015 show slumped after the previous popularity of Conchita Wurst in 2014 - and with only two weeks to go until the competition it seems as if we just aren't that fussed about it.

Perhaps it is because we almost always lose the contest - we have only won five times.

According to the poll of 2033 British adults, excluding don't knows (8%) and wouldn't vote (39%), 60% say they'd vote to leave while 40% say they'd vote to remain.

The only other country keen on leaving is France, where it's a much closer race.

Even though only 13.4% of the French population watched the show in 2014, they are are more likely than in Britain to want to remain (46%).

Sweden is the country which loves Eurovision the most, with 75% of the population polled voting to stay.

However, out of all the countries, we enjoy the commentary the most.

We also enjoy making fun of the competition more than any other country, which does go to show the nation's sarcastic and cruel sense of humour.

Sweden was extremely positive about the show, with 13% of those polled saying they 'love everything about it'.

Only 5% of Brits voted for this option.

Maybe the reason we don't like the competition is we feel the votes aren't based on music.

A YouGov poll in 2013 showed Britons have the strongest conviction that “it’s all political.” Sir Terry Wogan famously stepped down as UK host in 2008 for this very reason, claiming that the event was no longer a music competition.

Bonnie Tyler described the voting as “unbelievable” after she came 19th of 26 finalists in 2013, and Simon Webbe, of 2011 UK entry Blue, said it was “often not really about the song but who your neighbours are.”
h ttp://ww w.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/02/shock-poll-finds-britons-overwhelmingly-want-eurovision-brexit/

Old May 2nd, 2016 #2
andy

It has long been a fad for gays and anti normal even Wogan ran out of patience with it. Its demise will not be mourned by normal viewers. It is another one of those propaganda shows I would like to see offered on the open market lets see what advertisers want to buy that rubbish.

Chase them into the swamps

Old May 22nd, 2023 #3
jagd messer

Default Dustin the Turkey rejects accusations he tarnished Ireland’s Eurovision reputation forever

Dustin the Turkey performing at Eurovision ( Pride Parade) in 2008.

DUSTIN THE Turkey has launched a staunch defence of his controversial 2008 Eurovision entry amid claims it tarnished Ireland’s reputation in the competition.

No country has won Eurovision more times than Ireland with four of the Republic’s record seven wins coming during a dizzying five-year period from 1992 to 1996. However, it’s been 25 years since Ireland last tasted success in the competition.

Even the United Kingdom, who often struggle, have won more recently courtesy of Katrina and the Waves back in 1997. Ireland’s wait is set to continue beyond this year after Lesley Roy crashed out in the semi-finals following a performance marred by technical glitches and over-elaborate stage props. Reflecting on the debacle over on RTE’s Liveline, several callers appeared to lay blame at the feet of John Morrison and his comedy puppet creation Dustin the Turkey.

Dustin served as Ireland’s entry at Eurovision in 2008 with the song Irlande Douze Pointe.

An undoubtedly bizarre, comedy-led entry, the song failed to make it past the semi-final stage, finishing 15th out of 19 entries on the night. Since then, the Dustin the Turkey debacle has regularly been cited as the moment Ireland lost the respect of its European peers in the competition. To some, the decision to enter Dustin was seen as a deliberate attempt to exit the competition early or, worse still, seen as something mocking the entire Eurovision experience.

Dustin and Morrison, for their part, refuted such suggestions during an interview with Ray D’Arcy on RTE Radio 1. "Where did it all go wrong indeed? I caught the end of liveline there,” Dustin said. "They release them every year, they put the Euronuts. They should just keep them, lock them up in RTE and then release them every year around Eurovision."

"Look asking [three-time winner] Johnny Logan and Dana to fix Eurovision is like asking Beethoven to fix the X Factor.

"Firstly, fair play to Lesley last night, I thought she was absolutely brilliant. I genuinely did." I thought should've gotten through, but six countries don't and that's just the way the cookie crumbles, as they say.”

Responding to claims he was drafted in to deliberately perform badly, Dustin said: "The reason I went in 2008 is because the year before that Ireland finished plum last. And the year before that I think a couple of You're a Star rejects went over and finished last. "

"So, if I've cursed this, fair play, I've saved the country a fortune so I'm happy with that."
Dustin, meanwhile, was only full of praise for Ireland's 2021 entry Lesley Roy, despite her early departure.

Dustin the Turkey rejects accusations he tarnished Ireland ...25 V 2021.

No doubt with Europe and the Eurovision Dustin the Turkey went down like a lead balloon. Never to dare be repeated by anyone.
If you're not going to win or have a snowballs chance in hell why bother to enter?

Old May 22nd, 2023 #4
Stewart Meadows

One of Eddie Stampton's ex-girlfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
The singer chosen to represent Great Britain in this year's Eurovision Song Contest, Mae Muller, is an ugly, trashy, flabby jewess:

https://www.jta.org/2023/05/10/globa...her-fled-nazis

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...uller-29416507

Mae Muller:

Thread