VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 14th, 2023 #1
alex revision

Default New Netflix Documentary Forgets Cleopatra was Greek

New Netflix Documentary Forgets Cleopatra was Greek

April 14, 2023

A new Netflix documentary, Queen Cleopatra, exploring the life of the legendary ruler of Egypt, has come under fire for historical revisionism. The documentary has been criticized for “blackwashing” due to the decision to depict Cleopatra as black, despite the historical figure being of Greek descent.

The documentary, which is narrated and produced by Jada Pinkett Smith, focuses on Cleopatra’s reign during the 1st century BC and her relationships with the equally famous Roman generals Mark Anthony and Julius Caesar.

Historically speaking, Cleopatra VII Philopator belonged to the Ptolemaic dynasty, the Macedonian Greek royal dynasty that ruled Egypt during the Hellenistic period. Cleopatra was the descendent of Ptolemy I Soter, a Macedonian Greek general who served alongside Alexander the Great and founded the Ptolemaic Kingdom in Egypt after Alexander’s death.

https://greekreporter.com/2023/04/14...eopatra-greek/

Old April 15th, 2023 #3
bedford

Notice this sheboon Adele James is calling whites white devils on twitter and geting away with it.

Old April 15th, 2023 #4
Ray Allan

Default More blackwashing of history

Cleopatra was Greek, not a negress. She probably looked something like this:

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 16th, 2023 #5
alex revision

Hawass criticizes depicting Cleopatra as black in Netflix film

April 14, 2023

Netflix launched the trailer for its documentary film “Queen Cleopatra”, directed by Jada Pinkett Smith, wife of the famous US star Will Smith, depicting Queen Cleopatra as a black woman, which former Egyptian Antiquities Minister Zahi Hawass described as “falsifying facts.”

Hawass commented on the movie, which sparked public criticism in Egypt for portraying the Ptolemaic Queen as black-skinned, saying: “This is completely fake.

Cleopatra was Greek, meaning that she was blonde, not black.”

Hawass added that in recent years a trend emerged, led by black Americans and blacks in South America, claiming that the Egyptian civilization is of black origin.

He stressed that such claims were completely false.

The black civilization has no connection with the Egyptian civilization, Hawass said, pointing out that the black civilization did not rule Egypt except in the twenty-fifth dynasty during the era of the Kingdom of Kush, i.e. at the end of the ancient Egyptian civilization.

Hawass pointed out that Egyptian temples contain drawings of Egyptian kings. These sketches are depictions of men striking their enemies.

The enemies are depicted as either African, Nubian, Libyan or Asian, and all of them look very different in nationality from the Egyptian kings.

“Netflix is trying to stir up confusion to spread false information that the origin of Egyptian civilization is black,” Hawass continued.

Hawass is calling to take a stand against Netflix platform.

https://egyptindependent.com/hawass-...-netflix-film/

Old April 16th, 2023 #6
alex revision

The Documentary “Queen Cleopatra” on Netflix Evokes Big Contradictions

April 15, 2023

Egyptians have voiced displeasure over the selection of a black actress as Cleopatra, the last active monarch of Egypt’s Ptolemaic Kingdom. Critics contend that Cleopatra had no African ancestors, and that casting a black actress in the role is an example of Afrocentrism and historical deception.

The Netflix documentary dispute illustrates the ongoing debate in entertainment about cultural representation and historical accuracy. Several Egyptians believe the casting decision was politically motivated, with the goal of pushing an Afrocentric narrative that is not historically correct, thereby rewriting history.

A petition demanding for the film’s screening to be cancelled has already received over 50,000 signatures. This illustrates public outrage over Cleopatra’s representation in the documentary.

https://flair-magazine.com/the-docum...ontradictions/

Old April 16th, 2023 #7
Ray Allan

Old April 20th, 2023 #9
alex revision

Last edited by alex revision; April 22nd, 2023 at 03:19 AM.

Old April 21st, 2023 #10
alex revision

Last edited by alex revision; April 22nd, 2023 at 03:20 AM.

Old April 21st, 2023 #11
SF.Elizabeth

Netflix should have hired actress Jennifer Aniston to play Cleopatra. Jennifer Aniston is half Greek.

Elizabeth from www.whitebiocentrism.com

Old April 21st, 2023 #12
James Radov

Ive known a few Egyptians in SoCal and they absolutely hate that "afrocentric Egypt" bullshit.. while its offensive they tend to laugh at anything that stupid or that anyone would ever consider Egyptian anything with niggers.

Old April 21st, 2023 #13
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF.Elizabeth View Post
Netflix should have hired actress Jennifer Aniston to play Cleopatra. Jennifer Aniston is half Greek.

She's a has-been, and too old now. There are plenty of actual Greek actresses Netflix could have hired, but maintaining the anti-White narrative is top priority over historical accuracy.

Old April 21st, 2023 #14
bedford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF.Elizabeth View Post

In case you didn't hear she has been in the news this week for protesting against the 84 year old white man who shot the innocent teenigger in Kansas City. Just like sheboon actresses Halle Berry and Viola Davis to name a few.
I have lost interest in her. I am sure there are some worthy Greek actresses who could play Cleopatra.

Old April 21st, 2023 #15
SF.Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford View Post
In case you didn't hear she has been in the news this week for protesting against the 84 year old white man who shot the innocent teenigger in Kansas City. Just like sheboon actresses Halle Berry and Viola Davis to name a few.
I have lost interest in her. I am sure there are some worthy Greek actresses who could play Cleopatra.
I didn't know she was protesting against the 84 year old White man.

I mentioned her because she is the only Greek, or part Greek actress that I know of.

Oh...there is Olympia Dukakis. She's too old to play Cleopatra.

Then there is singer/talk show host Kelly Clarkson. My Mom watches her show and told me she said she is Greek (or part Greek).

Old April 21st, 2023 #16
SF.Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
She's a has-been, and too old now. There are plenty of actual Greek actresses Netflix could have hired, but maintaining the anti-White narrative is top priority over historical accuracy.
The anti-White narrative is just about everywhere.

Old April 21st, 2023 #17
bedford

I am not sure Jennifer Aniston is a has been because she has been involved with that TV show with Reese Witherspoon that I hear is popular. As for being too old to play Cleopatra, maybe since she is almost 54 now, and Cleopatra was
a younger woman. Well i will have to check to find out Cleopatra's age when she was involved with Mark Antony.

Old April 21st, 2023 #18
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford View Post
I am not sure Jennifer Aniston is a has been because she has been involved with that TV show with Reese Witherspoon that I hear is popular. As for being too old to play Cleopatra, maybe since she is almost 54 now, and Cleopatra was
a younger woman. Well i will have to check to find out Cleopatra's age when she was involved with Mark Antony.
I never liked Jennifer Anniston, anyway. There are damn few Hymiewood whores I actually like. I never watched that moronic Friends TV series, and all I've seen her in since are silly chick flicks or romantic comedies. I'm not familiar with that Reese Witherspoon series which I probably won't watch as I try to stare at Talmudvision as little as possible.

Old April 21st, 2023 #19
bedford

Cleopatra was born 69 BC and died 30 BC at age 39. She became queen in 51BC at age 18. She had 4 children.
I don't watch any TV but Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon star in a TV show about a morning TV news show that I hear is very popular. You see a lot of actresses over 50 regardless of how popular they were when they were younger don't get many good parts.
Julia Roberts is 55 now. I think she had a decent role in a TV show recently, but then there are so many different TV networks now that would allow for more roles. I don't know what her film career is like now. Cameron Diaz chose to quit acting at 40 something.

Old April 22nd, 2023 #20
Ray Allan

Cameron Diaz I actually liked. Her looks didn't hurt, either. Didn't care much for the Charlie's Angels remake but thought her part in Gangs Of New York was good. I did get a laugh from Bad Teacher, made in 2011, which I think was one of her last films.

Thread