View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2023 #359
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Gayle King: It’s ‘troubling’ that people are ‘downplaying’ Harry, Meghan car chase

By Alix Breeden and Caroline Blair May 21, 2023

Gayle King thinks it’s “troubling” that people are “downplaying” the two-hour paparazzi chase her pals Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were involved in earlier this week in New York City.

“I think it was a very unfortunate incident,” the CBS journalist exclusively told Page Six Saturday at the 148th Preakness Stakes in Baltimore, Md.

“It’s troubling to me that anybody would try to downplay what that would mean to them. That’s very troubling to me.”

Referring to the slew of media personalities and celebrities who have spoken out against the narrative that the two were “chased” in the streets of Manhattan, King said it’s unsettling that some are trying to “minimize how [Harry and Markle] felt in that moment.”
(...)
A rep for Harry and Markle provided the following statement to Page Six on Wednesday: “Last night, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Ms. Ragland were involved in a near catastrophic car chase at the hands of a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi.

“This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers. While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone’s safety.”
https://pagesix.com/2023/05/21/gayle...857.1684708163