View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2023 #345
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
How Queen Camilla clawed her way to the Coronation crown

By Sara Nathan April 29, 2023

All hail Queen Camilla.

It’s the phrase many never thought they’d hear as Britain gets ready for the coronation of King Charles and his beloved wife on Saturday.

Tina Brown, the former Vanity Fair editor, told Page Six: “Camilla’s is the greatest image rehab in history. She deserves a crown just for toughing it out.”

The crowning of Queen Camilla will be the culmination of a quarter of a century of intensive work by the king, their friends and their counselors.

Its most dramatic moment came last year, when there was a “sustained campaign” to “strong arm” Queen Elizabeth to endorse Camilla as queen consort shortly before her death, multiple sources claimed.

On February 5, 2022 — the eve of her Platinum Jubilee — the late Queen wrote in a touching letter: “And when, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes king, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me; and it is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as queen consort as she continues her own loyal service.”
https://pagesix.com/2023/04/29/how-q...MDQ2MS4wLjAuMA..